Don MacLachlan, Superintendent of Highways
Michael Ossit, Deputy Superintendent
The highway Department is responsible for the maintenance of all town roads including repairs and plowing as well as maintaining roadside ditches and drainage basins.
Blue bins can be picked up at the Town Hall during regular office hours.
Leaves, brush and grass clippings are accepted year round. Waste may be dropped off anytime at the highway department yard on Lee Mulroy Rd., across from the highway garage. Christmas trees can also be dropped off. The pile is located to the left as you enter the yard.
Trash Days are normally held every Spring and Autumn. Town & Village residents may obtain trash permits from the Town Clerk beginning one month prior to the start date.
2017 FAll Dates & Times
Fridays: September 22 and 29, 2017 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Saturdays: September 23 and 30, 2017 8:00 am to noon
Permit Fees (subject to change)
- Fees: Passenger Vehicle $20.00 – Up to six loads
- Passenger Vehicle $10.00 – One trip ONLY
- Pickup Truck or Commercial Van $35.00 – Up to four loads
- Larger Vehicle $50.00 – Up to two loads
- Trailers $45.00 – Up to four loads
- Require an additional permit.
- Tires up 19.5 inch rim diameter: $3 each
Items Containing Freon:
- Items that contain Freon such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners or dehumidifiers: $15 each
PLEASE NOTE: It is unlawful to improperly dispose of Freon.
The following items will not be accepted:
- Garbage (food waste)
- OCRRA recyclables
- Liquids or hazardous waste, including paint
- Oil tanks or fuel tanks
- Motor vehicles
- Roofing shingles
- Brush over 6 inches in diameter
- Contractor’s debris (homeowner projects only)